How to Clean Jewellery & Maintain Rings
We recommend the following to keep your jewellery in beautiful, sparkling condition:
- Wipe gemstones with a clean, soft cotton cloth.
- Clean silver pieces regularly with a silver polishing cloth to prevent tarnishing.
- Ask a professional jeweller to clean very dirty pieces.
- Store your jewellery individually, wrapped in a soft cloth or tissue.
- Wipe pearls with a damp cloth after use to keep lustre.
- Enjoy wearing your jewellery, inspect it regularly, keep it clean and maintained, and it will last for years!
- Have a bath, shower or clean wearing your jewellery. Even gold can develop a soapy film.
- Wear jewellery in a swimming pool or Jacuzzi. The chlorine in the water will erode the metal.
- Sleep or do physical activities with your jewellery on! Metal and gemstones can react to the salts and acids in perspiration.
- Wear your jewellery when spraying perfume or applying body lotions, hairspray etc. They will damage the metal and gemstones.
- Use harsh cleaners (silver dip, hot solutions or abrasives) on jewellery set with gemstones.
- Store jewellery unprotected and jumbled together. The contact will damage the metal and stones.
- Leave silver jewellery on a wood surface. Woods frequently contain acids that react to the metal and cause discoloration and tarnish.
- Store jewellery in a damp environment. Moisture causes tarnish and corrosion.
- Wash pearls with hot water or acid containing solution. It will destroy them.